Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What a special young man

Written by Jenn


I was lucky enough to attend the University of Dayton with Danny and even luckier to be his next door neighbor during his junior year on Lowes Street. 440 and 442 Lowes were our houses but it always felt more like one big house because we all spent so much time together. From the first day that I met Danny, I knew he was special. There was just something about him that I couldn’t put my finger on but that I just knew and felt. As time went on, he repeatedly showed me just how special he was. 


I always admired Danny - probably more than he ever even knew. He was the kid with the giant heart who could be silly and have a great time - but also always kept things together with his studies and values. He lived life with a masterful balance. Danny was like a brother to me in college...I lived with 3 other girls next door to him and 7 other guys - so they always looked out for us...especially Danny. I was struggling with some things that year and any time that word got to him that I had had a crummy day - he would come leaping into my house to give me a giant bear hug. He always gave the BEST hugs! Although he always had something sweet and encouraging to say…with those hugs – he didn’t even need to speak. I could feel the love and genuine concern in the way he would hug me and look at me. Danny’s presence and love could turn my day around in seconds – and it very often did. 

I cannot think of a person less deserving of this tragic situation and more deserving of the love, support and help that he needs to get his life back. I could write for days on all of the ways and reasons that I love Danny – but it all comes down to the fact that he is an all around, and genuinely AMAZING person…to the core. It was always impossible to be around Danny and not smile and feel good. He helped me forget my troubles more times than I can count, and I want to help him forget his. I am so grateful to have the pleasure of calling Danny my friend. I cherish Danny and our friendship and am inspired by him on a daily basis. This hero needs our help to get his life back. He saved his sister’s life – and now he needs us to help save his!

No comments:

Post a Comment