Friday, August 31, 2012

An Exciting Event and A Letter About Danny


On September 15th, a local chef is preparing a fantastic benefit dinner for Danny.  Several of you have registered but we need many more.  This is going to a fun-filled night of food, friendship and fundraising.  Please click on the following picture to register via paypal.

alt text

A letter about Danny:


Kathy, Danny's mom received a touching email from a friend of Danny's and received permission to post it here: 

 My story about Danny...

Danny was my friend when I felt I had none.  When I transferred to Dayton, it
was partially motivated by my difficulty to make strong friendships at Ohio
State.  I found myself two floors above Danny and Kevin Ash, and almost
instantaneously, I belonged somewhere.

If I could relive any part of my life, it would probably have to be that
sophomore year at UD.  Not because it was remotely perfect.  But it was what I
needed when I needed it.  It was easy to be friends with Danny.  We would listen
to music and talk.  Everyone knows how charismatic he is, and how unique his
sense of humor is.  He brought me in and enthusiastically introduced me to his
friends, many of which are my best friends now.  And he didn't do it to gain
something from me.  At the time, I didn't feel I had anything to offer.  He did
it because he's Danny.

I will always treasure my friendship with Danny.

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment